Serves at the executive level, and Responsible for developing/implementing strategic objectives/goals, allocating and managing capital/human resources, and general day-to-day operational accountability for assigned areas. has direct line authority for Surgery Services Lines; Heart & Vascular Service Line; Transplant Service Line and VAD Program; OR Scheduling and contracted Surgical Support Services; Non-Invasive Cardiology; Liver Center; Perfusion Services and Circulatory Support; CSPD; Anesthesia, Operating Rooms Main, CV and OMT, and Cardiology Education. Will be responsible with the overall goal of increasing organizational effectiveness and revenues for assigned areas, developing annual operating budgets for those areas and accountable for operating within established budgets; maintaining productivity standards for areas of direct responsibility and assuring availability of sufficient competent staff to meet workload needs of departments. The position has the primary responsibility for establishing and ensuring clinical and surgical patient care standards are achieved in a cost-effective manner which are consistent with the overall hospital values and goals and to provide a practice environment to assure CHI St. Luke's as an employer of choice. Has the authority and responsibility for meeting the bottom lines of quality and financial performance for the areas of accountability. S/he will assure customer loyalty as measured by patient satisfaction and other indicators, and will also assure compliance with standards promulgated by regulatory and compliance agencies. Will develop and maintain collaborative physician relations that build on their key roles as both partners and customers. .
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Participates in decision-making processes by collaborating with leaders from the governing body, health system mgmt., hospital leadership council, medical staff and clinical areas in developing the hospital's strategic plans, budgets, resource allocation, operation plans and policies.
- Sets strategic direction for the above mentioned areas, including planning and managing processes and services for these disciplines to meet 's current and future needs. Develops and integrates these plans and processes to support 's vision, mission, and strategies.
- Mentors and Develops managers and staff to assume leadership roles both formally and informally, via role modeling and facilitating staff participation in a shared leadership structure. Directs the development, implementation and administration of a shared decision making model Quality.
- Plans, promotes, and conducts quality monitoring and enhancement activities; actively involved in advancing clinical outcomes and quality improvements within the framework of the CHI St. Luke's Performance Improvement Plan. Collaboratively creates effective and ongoing programs to monitor, evaluate, and improve the quality of care and services
- Advocates for clinical and surgical staff regarding allocation of resources including FTEs, systems, equipment, and support. Provides for the development and management of operating and capital budgets for assigned areas; Responsible for overall performance according to budget
- Provides for the establishment and implementation of patient care standards including policies and procedures that meet national, state and local rules and regulations as well as voluntary accreditation stands
- Directs creative strategies to lower costs while maintaining or enhancing quality
- Leads in contract negotiation and administration for contracted service
- Demonstrates and creates expectation of consistency in application of HR policies and procedures across departments