Come and be a part of the surgical services team at CHI St. Elizabeth! We are PROUD to be a 4-time Magnet designation and one of only a handful of hospitals in the nation that operates both a ground and air ambulance service as part of our Level III trauma program. St. Elizabeth has the most advanced robotic surgery available along with being an Accredited Stroke Center. We host 17 operating rooms that include a burn unit, PACU, Pre/Post, Endoscopy and Sterile Processing.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable Joint Commission, federal, state and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
- Ensures optimal utilization of department resources through participation in planning capital and operational budgets, in development and implementation of systems and practices that achieve defined objectives, in internal and external benchmarking activities and in monitoring, analysis and resolution of budget and productivity variances.
- Works collaboratively to develop plans, goals, and implementation strategies in support of CHI Health’s Mission, Vision, and nursing, campus, and system business objectives. Maintains a department scope of care based on patient population and identified needs.
- Participates in the development of quality indicators and responds to a full range of financial, service and quality indicators in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains a collegial and cooperative relationship with the other Hospital Operations and Service Line Directors, working as a team to search out and implement efficiencies, economies and best practices.
- Provides high quality perioperative services at reasonable costs by directing the programs, policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility. Develops, monitors, and ensures implementation of evidence based clinical standards of nursing practice.
- Promotes a culture of customer service focused on patients, families, visitors, physicians, other departments and the community. Establishes and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with the CHI Health and Independent Medical Staff. Develops and implements programs and processes to support patient and physician satisfaction.
- Works effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Promotes staff autonomy and decision making through support of a shared governance structure. Establishes a work environment that facilitates staff accountability and responsibility. Optimizes staff potential and retains qualified, competent and satisfied employees.
surgery, operating room, or, perioperative services, perioperative, surgical services, periop, rn, nurse, staff nurse, registered nurse, charge nurse, supervisor, lead, circulating, scrubbing, operating theater, aorn, cnor, director, manager, leader