CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
Education and Licensure Required:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
* Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
* May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
* 2 years Medical Assistant experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections.
* Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
* Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
* Through knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
* Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
* Good computer skills using a medical management application.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.