CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been committed to providing patients quality medical treatment in the Lake Region area and surrounding communities since 1902. Our patients have access to a state-of-the-art health care facility, including 24-7 emergency care, a swing bed program, extensive therapy services, a critical care unit, obstetrical care, and advanced radiology.
1. Performs triage by assessing patient’s health and continuously monitor; detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and take
action as necessary; and quickly and accurately assess patient care needs
2. Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
3. Sets priorities in plan of care based on assessed needs and anticipates personnel, supplies, and equipment required to care for
patients based on assessed needs
4. Works collaboratively with provider to provide exceptional care
5. Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures
6. Provides patient and family education
7. Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the
8. Maintains order, stock, and cleanliness of all areas in the Emergency Department
9. Practices safe work habits, compliance with safety rules and regulations, and adheres to safety policies
10. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines, policies, and procedures
1. Other duties as assigned
Required Licensure and Certifications: Registration by the State of North Dakota Board of Nursing,Certification for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Certification for Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Certification for Basic Life Support (BLS), and Certification for Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong oral communications skills
Ability to deal with conflict and difficult people
Strong critical thinking skills
Knowledge of all regulatory agencies and their standards and processes
Ability to manage multiple priorities
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience: Emergency Department RN experience preferred
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.