- Bachelor's Degree Strongly Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pastoral ministry in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of the Common Standards for Professional
Chaplaincy and the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care
Services published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, i.e. The Joint Commission (TJC) standards and Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Ability to relate well with employees at all levels of the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Practices excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with
- Accepting and understanding of diverse religious beliefs and
- Ability to deal with crisis situations and periodic exposure
to secondary traumatic stress.
- Ability to function as a member of pastoral care and
multidisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Proficiency of communication and information
technology which includes basic computer and word processing skills, email, and
use of the internet