JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Director of Care Management is responsible for the oversight of Care Management and Social Services, including but not limited to clinical resource management, discharge planning activities, patient advocacy, clinical social work and best practice in medical necessity determination and concurrent review.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Director is responsible for the overall direction and management of these areas, including planning, organizing and directing all activities, staffing, performance improvement in the delivery of clinical services (such as LOS reduction), and reporting needs within the medical center and CHI Health, as well as government and regulatory reporting.
2. The Director guides Care Management activities according to the needs, requirements, and policies of the medical center, the affiliated medical groups and health plans, CHI Health, any Federal and State agencies, and according to standard practices of the professions under the director's accountability.
3. The Director will consult and collaborate with other managers, physicians, administration, and community based healthcare workers regarding care management issues identified through corporate or facility initiatives and current literature.
4. This position will work closely with all departments at the medical center and the post-acute service providers to streamline the patient transition through the health care system and into the community post discharge.
5. The Director participates regularly in medical center, division, or corporate meetings pertinent to the accountable areas, and also participates in corporate strategic planning and performance improvement teams and programs as necessary.
6. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected the director will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values of the organization. The director will support the Organization's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
7. This position considers the population served by the medical center and area clinical integration programs and leads efforts to optimize care coordination across the care continuum. This coordination ensures a plan of care for patients in all stages of health needs.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Registered Nurse, RN, LCSW, Social Worker, Case Management, CM, CCM, Care Management, Care Coordinantion, Manager, Director
~DH-LI~ #CCLeaderNE #NurseLeader #RN