Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
Registered Nurse, RN
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN
Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA #NERN #NELPN #NECMA
Location: 42nd and L Clinic
Bilingual required: Enlish/Spanish
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The Medical Assistant Advanced will support assigned physician or assigned physicians with patient care and clinical documentation into the electronic medical records in an efficient manner. Accurately performs ancillary healthcare services while assisting the physician through documentation of specific components of the patient visit and executing specified physician instructions.
• Perform and direct patient care services including, but not limited to, admission interview, accurate documentation and timely patient flow.
• Ensure priority care is provided to patients in an emergency situation.
• Assist healthcare providers with exams, treatments, procedures and testing as directed.
• Accompany the physician into the exam room for the patient visit documenting in the electronic medical record (EMR) all aspects of care including, but not limited to, chief complaint , history of presenting illness, physical exam and patient plan as directed by the physician.
• Work directly with physician to ensure the patient visit is appropriately documented.
• Ensure optimization of physician practice by keeping current with EMR flow and templates.
• Schedule and provide patient instruction(s) for tests, treatments and hospital admissions, following correct insurance protocol. (i.e. pre-certification, referrals, chart documentation, etc.)
• Accurately perform basic calculations for appropriate dose, safely prepares and administers prescribed medications, as ordered by the healthcare provider.
• Perform phlebotomy, lab procedures and communicates results to the patient as ordered by the provider.
• Provide patient and family education pertaining to healthcare management, disease process, treatment, test(s), medication and follow-up under direct supervision of the health care provider.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years related experience required.
“ne rn all”
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.