Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health officially announced the formation of its regional health care system on April 19, 2016. The system is the largest health care delivery system in central and western North Dakota and is comprised of a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages five CAHs in North Dakota - Ashley, Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D.
The SIM-ND Educator/Driver performs a full range of professional duties in assisting colleagues in implementing simulation curriculum. The Driver will ensure safe and efficient transportation of the vehicle from the warehouse to the simulation location in the SW region of the state. Duties will also include providing instructional support and facilitating educational events in the mobile simulation lab.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Drives simulation vehicle from warehouse to simulation location safely
2. Responsible for maintaining equipment and materials including monitoring truck maintenance, repair, and functional capacity for all aspects of truck and external equipment (e.g.: generator)
3. Conducts healthcare skills training as needed and maintains proficient level of knowledge in medical simulation technology
4. Provides instructional support in a safe learning environment for learners to improve competencies and skills which meet course objectives.
5. Preparing the simulators and other equipment for simulation as well as facilitating simulation exercises and debriefing sessions
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
RN, Paramedic, AEMT or EMT.
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake certification preferred or ability to obtain within 90 days after obtaining the position.
Required Minimum Experience
Minimum of three years clinical experience.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
State or National instructor certification in one or more of the following courses preferred: TNCC, PHTLS, ACLS, PEPP, PALS, NRP, and ATLS.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.