CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been committed to providing patients quality medical treatment in the Lake Region area and surrounding communities since 1902. Our patients have access to a state-of-the-art health care facility, including 24-7 emergency care, a swing bed program, extensive therapy services, a critical care unit, obstetrical care, and advanced radiology.
First time hire Certified Surgical Technicians who receive an offer prior to March 1, 2021 are eligible for our $15,000 sign-on bonus.
1. Gather equipment and supplies for each surgical case based on surgical preference cards, set-up, and organize field in a timely
manner using approved techniques
2. Keep track of needles, sponges, and instruments throughout the procedure and performs counts per policy
3. Report any breaks in sterility or techniques
4. Assist team members on cleaning and turnover of OR room
5. Assist other members of the OR team as needed
6. Maintains order, stock, and cleanliness of all areas of the department
7. Practices safe work habits, compliance with safety rules and regulations, and adheres to safety policies
8. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines, policies, and procedures
1. Other duties as assigned
Requireed Licensure and Certifications: Unlicensed Assistive Persons (UAP) Registration by the North Dakota Board of Nursing and Certification for Basic Life Support (BLS)
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited college or technical school for Surgical Technologist
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong oral communications skills
Ability to deal with conflict and difficult people
Strong critical thinking skills
Knowledge of all regulatory agencies and their standards and processes
Ability to manage multiple priorities
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience: Certification for Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting preferred
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.