Float Pool - Mountain Management
This position requires a Limited X Ray Certification. The MA will provide care and support to patients under the direction of the physician and/or mid-level provider. Contributes to the planning and delivery of patient focused care. Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem. Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education. Documents procedures and interactions in the patient's medical record. Provide patient mobility assistance, as necessary. Screens, communicates and responds to patient needs appropriately.
- Assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures
- Administer ordered medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intra-dermal routes.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to the Exposure Control Plan; anticipate Practitioner's needs for medications, supplies and equipment and plan accordingly.
- Actively participate in continuing education, required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Uses Standard Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Ability to understand and effectively apply and follow established standards, protocols and to maintain quality control standards; including safety, risk management and Universal Precautions standards and guidelines.
- Ability to read, interprets, and applies organizational and departmental policies, regulations and procedures in order to administer patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including proper grammar, presentation, spelling, punctuation, and composition in order to maintain records and record test results.
- Ability to demonstrate effective patient care techniques with confidence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management, office and departmental organization, exercising good judgment, and decision-making.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to use discretion with confidential data that may impact staff and operation of the clinic. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency including basic computer entry functions and keyboarding skills required.
- Schedule patient appointments and perform other clerical duties as needed.