CommonSpirit Health (CSH) is looking for an experienced VP of Software Architecture, reporting to the Chief Technology and Product Officer (CTPO), who can help CSH to achieve its ultimate objective of creating “healthcare of the future” in an increasingly digital world. One which leverages best in class technology to improve the service it provides to its business partners, customers and patients. Partnering closely with the CPTO, VP of Cloud, Infrastructure, and Cybersecurity Strategy, and the rest of the CTPO team, the VP of Software Architecture will be responsible for leading a team of Software Architects, team of health platforms architects, and a team of data and analytics architects to set the combined software architecture vision and strategy that will enable CSH to achieve its strategic goals.
This role will report to the Chief Technology and Product Officer, Shaung Liu - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaung-liu-1694b/
- Software Architecture Team Lead
- Health Platforms Architecture Team Lead
- Data and Analytics Architecture Team Lead
- VP, Cloud, Infrastructure, and Cybersecurity Strategy
- Tech Lab Director
- SVP, Infrastructure
- SVP, Data and Analytics
- SVP Software and Applications Engineering
- SVP Digital
- SVP Division Health Technologies
- SVP, ITD Performance & Effectiveness
- SVP, Merger Integration
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical vision and strategy: Develop a technical vision and strategy that addresses CSH’s mid to long term approach to enterprise software architecture, including data and analytics, AI, and health system platforms. Collaborates closely with the CTPO and other IT&D leaders to create a multi-year roadmap, communicates and delivers on the strategy.
- People/Talent leadership attracts, hires and builds high-performing teams in enterprise software architecture and empowers people and rewarding results; achieved through clearly articulated goals, discernment, priorities and a belief in the positive intentions of our employees. Takes an active role in developing talent. Builds and enables a high engaged high performing team. Strong communicator.
- Technical leadership demonstrates breadth and depth of professional/technical skills and capabilities in enterprise software architecture, data and analytics, and health platforms such as EHRs; shares knowledge; sets or contributes to the organization's direction. Influences with fluency on technology related change.
- Operational leadership is responsible for agility and high performance of team which models the willingness, leadership, and courage to challenge the status quo; fosters creativity; and problem solves/acts quickly to activate change, innovation and resilience. Delivers a highly stable, robust environment for CSH and enables our business. Thinks “human first” in operational experiences delivered. Shows discipline of execution and delivery.
- Financial leadership understands the organizations financial processes. Prepares, justifies and administers his/her budget. Oversees procurement and contracting to achieve desired results. Monitors expenditures and uses cost benefit thinking to (re)set priorities. Focuses on value creation for CommonSpirit Health – this includes IT centric cost management and business results for CSH. Drives a fiscal disciplined behavior in her/his team. Thinks long term and short term while managing finance and value creation.
- Mission centric value creation: Be a thought leader obsessed with creating value for CSH, our communities, our consumers/patients, physicians, employees. Be willing and committed to changing the game of technology, for CSH, disrupt the industry while being obsessed about value created for our mission and ministry.
- Innovation: help to create an environment that fosters innovation and risk taking and rewards execution and results. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity for staying abreast of global technology trends and their applicability to CSH’s capabilities. Exemplifies out of the box thinking while adhering to the team’s mission and objectives.
- Evangelist: The VP of Software Architecture will be responsible for evangelizing an enterprise software architecture culture; one that embraces the latest design patterns such as RESTful APIs, Cloud Platform As a Service, reusable containers and micro services and data and AI concepts; articulating the team’s strategy to all key stakeholders;
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $88.46 to $123.84, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.