CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under general supervision, performs front office processes associated with patient check-in, check-out, scheduling, referrals, and electronic medical records. Administers and supports the clinic’s billing, and insurance functions, in accordance with internal standards and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Education and Licensure Required:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* 2 years related experience in a healthcare environment required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrate proficient with Microsoft Office software.
* Knowledge of the content, and application of HIPAA, federal and state regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrate the understanding of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Demonstrate the understanding of health insurance authorization/billing requirements, including medical coding.
* Ability to file and maintain patient records and reports in the Electronic Medical Records system.
* Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Must possess strong customer service and communication skills.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
* A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.