CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
This job is responsible for providing training/education to clinic patients to facilitate successful PAP/CPAP therapy and help individuals with sleep issues to maximize treatment opportunities and reduce related health risks. An incumbent works closely with patients to conitor/analyze device readings, review compliance/progress with plan of care and self-management objectives and to eliminate barriers to maximizing the quality of care.
Work also includes:
1) explaining/demonstrating use and care of assigned devices and troubleshooting to assure proper function;
2) promoting knowledge/understanding of sleep wellness/disorders/hygiene and effective treatments;
3) making digitual adjustments to device/equipment based on patient needs and to optimize therapeutic value;
4) identifying device malfuncations and arranging replacement with device provider;
5) documenting all interactions in the patient's medical record in accordance with established procedures; and
6) performing device/equipment cleaning/maintenance activities.
An incumbent may also occasionally perform respiratory care procedures within scope of licensure as necessary.
Work requires knowledge of the standards, procedures and equipment/tools applicable to PAP/CPAP therapy and applicable legal/regulatory requirements.
An incumbent follows proper channels of communication in handling daily and routine problems and recognizing issues that need referral to management.
Graduation from an approved school of Respiratory Therapy and two years of related work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities. Work experience in PAP therapy is required.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.