This position reports directly to the Invasive CV Lab Supervisor. This person will assist in the performance of invasive diagnostic cardiac catheterization procedures and other diagnostic studies under the direct supervision of a qualified licensed physician.
Uses and discloses patient protected health information: 1) Only as it applies to job function, 2) in amounts minimally necessary for intended purposes, and 3) in a confidential manner.
1. Demonstrates the ability to perform appropriately in crisis or emergency situations. Assists with defibrillation, cardioversion, and CPR as required.
2. Prepares, maintains, and files patient charts. Completes charge procedures on the hospital information system for patient procedures. Maintains confidentiality.
3. Acts as part of the team to facilitate cleaning and/or disposal of equipment, supplies, instruments, and general room surfaces for efficient room turn around. Restocks and maintains supplies and inventory for routine and emergency procedures. Informs Supervisor of special orders and equipment repair needs.
4. Provides education regarding procedures or care to the patient or family as needed.
5. Provides patient transportation for patients to and from the procedure room with appropriate reporting to receiving unit.
6. Maintains documentation for quality assurance, safety, environmental conditions and infection control. Maintains department policies and procedures manuals.
7. Responsible to maintain educational requirements pertinent to the technical responsibility of the job description. Fulfills hospital mandatory educational requirements and staff meetings.
8. Call responsibilities as required.
9. Reports problems, potential problems, or areas of concern to the department supervisor.
10. Works with Supervisor to create a positive work environment and seek solutions for departmental problems. Works to maintain good rapport and customer relations with patients, visitors, physicians, and other health care workers.
11. Other duties as assigned by department leader.
Licenses & Certifications:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.