CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Performs diagnostic and vascular procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structures. Obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns. Responsible for maintaining patient record and files. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, limited obstetric and gynecological scans, and a variety of tests to include, but not limited to, carotid imaging, peripheral plethysmography, doppler wave form, segmental pressure, venous imaging, and thoracic outlet studies.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Performs procedures to ensure quality patient care in accordance with Radiologist’s expectations and protocols.
3. Displays knowledge and complies with the National Patient Safety goals.
4. Supports and reports any identified compliance matters.
5. Participates in hospital and department quality assurance programs to ensure safety and satisfaction.
6. Maintains professional development and education for technical competency.
7. Uses standard precautions, PPE, at all times.
8. Maintains regulatory compliance and licensure for current position.
9. Attends all CHI Saint Joseph Health required educational programs as well as all Learn modules.
10. Contributes to the efficient operation and monitoring of the department and utilizes our resources efficiently.
11. Demonstrates complete working knowledge of equipment within assigned area.
12. Knowledge and performance of the Code of Conduct Standards.
13. Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.