CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This per diem RN job is responsible for providing nursing care to patients admitted to the Interventional Pain Care service operating primarily at St. Joseph Medical Center and St. Anthony Hospital.
Additional Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs pain assessment and completes up-to-date medication(s) list.
2. Applies appropriate interventional techniques to maintain and assure the safety of the patient.
3. Applies knowledge of pain medications and the nursing implications associated with them.
• Previous Interventional Radiology/Interventional Pain Management experience, including pain procedural care and assessment; OR
• Two years of work experience in an acute care setting (e.g. Med/Surg).
Successful completion of department specific orientation.
• Knowledge of spinal anatomy and spinal disease pathophysiology.
• Knowledge of protocols and techniques for caring for a patient undergoing cervical/lumbar procedures, including ESI, TFE, facet joints, SI joints, facet ablations, blood patch, hip injections, nerve blocks and discograms.
• Knowledge of the impact of chronic pain and associated behavior on the daily life of the patient/caregiver.
• Knowledge of pain medications and the nursing implications associated with them.
• Knowledge of procedural sedation, including intra- and post-procedure.
• Knowledge of the purpose and techniques relating to fluoroscopy.
• Knowledge of IV Start Skills.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.