MercyOne Newton Medical Center is a fully owned hospital of MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and a member of MercyOne Network.
It is located in the city of Newton, Iowa, county seat of Jasper County. Positioned on Interstate 80, the nation’s only east/west transcontinental interstate highway, Newton is about 30 miles east of the Des Moines metropolitan area, which has a population in excess of 400,000.
MercyOne Newton has a well-deserved reputation for bucking the trend of diminished health care in rural America by enhancing the quantity and quality of its services during the last two decades. This has been accomplished by expanding, remodeling and providing technological improvements to its physical facilities and by adding new physicians.
MercyOne Newton employees and local doctors are known for their highly productive “Iowa work ethic,” emphasis on compassion and quality patient service, and loyalty to the hospital and the community.
Our campus in Newton has 48 beds and about 200,000 square feet of space. Attached to the hospital is a 50,000-square-foot medical office building containing local physician practices and the hospital’s physical medicine and rehabilitation center.
MercyOne Newton is one of the largest employers in Jasper County, along with the local school system and the county government.
As a PRN position, there are no scheduled weekly hours for this position - it is an As Needed position to fill in for vacations, leaves, and during especially busy times.
Job Summary: Duties include management of inventory as it relates to picking orders, replenishing, requisitioning, shipping and receiving. Duties are not limited to the supply room, but extend to all areas of the hospital. Responsible for pulling products for cases assigned. Inventory technician assures that supply areas are organized, maintained, and par levels are optimized to support department demands.
1. Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory supporting accurate inventory levels, generating order/requisitions as needed.
2. Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care areas, while monitoring par levels for specific products to assure that appropriate levels are established in order not to affect patient care.
3. Identify excess inventory, returning stock and processing credits.
4. Notifies supervisor of outdates or slow moving inventory.
5. Participates in the put away and validation process of perpetual inventory items; issues and credits materials from the inventory management team.
6. Responsible for maintaining clean and orderly stock locations, and labeling bins and handling requests to change pars.
7. Acts as liaison between clinical staff and supply chain management as needed.
Education: High school graduate, GED or equivalent
Experience: One year supply chain related experience or other relevant experience.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.