CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The occupational therapist (OT) delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. The OT is responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice following the guidelines of the State of Texas Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy. The OT actively participates in discharge planning, implements the treatment program, and reassesses treatment results. Services are delivered within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach, including significant others, and the patient. These services are delivered in compliance with St. Joseph Regional Rehabilitation Center's mission, ethical standards, and policies and procedures.
1. Evaluates/assesses patients in a systematic and thorough manner; establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals within specified time frames; administers appropriate treatments to patients; knowledge and skill in therapeutic exercises, modalities, rehab equipment, manual techniques, transfers and ADL.s
2. Maintains timely and accurate medical records; records legibly in patient charts; completes reports in an organized, thorough and timely manner.
3. Fosters communication with other therapists, physicians, nurses, volunteers, patients and families and other hospital personnel to establish department support; attends and provides quality input to team conferences, departmental meetings, and other hospital meetings.
4. Instruction and supervision in patient care of OT assistants, rehabilitation technicians and student affiliates in a respectful, courteous and consistent manner; assist in performance appraisals of current/new personnel or students.
5. Completes all patient and family education; provides information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
6. Attends department and hospital inservices; attends one seminar/conference annually.
7. Assists with teaching/training of new/current personnel.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Required: Occupational Therapy Major
Preferred: one to two years of clinical experience
Required: Basic computer and data entry skills
Required: Licensed by the State of Texas- Occupational Therapy; CPR certified; Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
Preferred: member of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); Member of the Texas Occupational Therapy Association (TOTA)
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.