CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Has responsibility and accountability for assigned perioperative services. Manage the delivery of patient care. Major responsibilities include: -- Clinical Management: Ensures the safe and effective delivery of quality nursing care. -- Performance Improvement Research: Ensures compliance with established community standards of care and regulatory bodies. -- Human Resources/Financial Management: Works to maintain a fiscally responsible department including efficient use of staff and resources. -- Communication/Patient-Guest Relations: Provides a caring environment in support of CHI St. Luke's Mission and Values. Proactively strives and Supports excellence in customer satisfaction. -- Professional Practice/Professional Development: Assumes a leadership role in development of a professional practice; empowers staff nurses in clinical decision-making. -- Productivity: Monitors patient flow and staffing efficiencies.
1. Responsible for the coordination of patient flow throughout the perioperative services areas from admission to discharge.
2. Consults in a variety of patient care situations requiring advanced competency and knowledge.
3. Serves as a clinical resource for problem solving and Assists staff with patient related issues.
4. Serves as a role model to develop staff competence in the delivery of nursing care.
5. Responsible for cost effective operations and initiatives, including product evaluation, prevention of waste & damage, materials management, patient flow, control of overtime, & appropriate staff mix.
6. Able to provide safe, quality care directly to a surgical patient as needed.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
1. Facilitates unit-based performance enhancement program/projects & follows up with staff & Implements recommendations based on performance measures/outcomes.
2. Supports and Participates in unit-based research projects based on performance enhancement data (i.e. infection rates).
Human Resource/Financial Management:
1. Promotes philosophy of shared leadership and individual accountability.
2. Encourages participation of staff in scheduling assignments and outcomes management.
3. Coordinates staffing and Ensures staffing coverage to provide quality patient care within budgetary guidelines.
4. Ensures cost-effective staff utilization. Assists in reassigning employees as necessary to improve productivity and/or to balance the workload. Evaluates staff and ancillary personnel as a resource consultant.
5. Participates in the hiring process to include interviews and personnel recommendations; coaches & counsels staff; completes counseling documentation, as indicated.
6. Assists the Director – Perioperative Services with the preparation & maintenance of the unit budget to include staffing responsibility, reviewing financial reports and materials mgmt.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.