CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The Surgical First Assistant is responsible for assisting the physician throughout the intra-operative phase, as well as contributing to the delivery of quality patient care by working with other surgical team members during the preoperative and immediate postoperative phases.
1. Provides skilled assistance to the surgeon.
2. Assists with individual operating room set up
3. Assists with positioning, prepping and draping the patient.
4. Communicates with the surgeon and health care team regarding patient’s condition
5. Other duties as assigned by management.
Certified Surgical Assistant or college degree in health related field with five years of first assisting experience
National Certification, BCLS, Tennessee Physician Quality Verification Organization
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.