CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is the highest-level major trauma center in the Brazos Valley. Patients and their families in Bryan, Texas and surrounding communities trust our team to deliver individualized, rehabilitation care tailored to meet their unique, comprehensive needs and objectives.
When you join our team of Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists, you will provide patients with hands-on, personalized care to help them build up strength after surgery, injury, or illness. Your critical and creative thinking coupled with access to our advanced equipment and techniques allows you to provide patients with wide range of solutions to address their complex rehabilitation needs.
CHI St. Joseph Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
If you are a compassionate PT or OT, connect with CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital today to experience what it is like to collaborate with talented rehabilitation professionals!
The physical therapist (PT) delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. The PT is responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice following the guidelines of the State of Texas Board of Examiners for Physical Therapy. The PT actively participates in discharge planning, implements the treatment program, and reassesses treatment results. Services are delivered within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach, including significant others, and the patient. These services are delivered in compliance with CHI St. Joseph Health's mission, ethical standards, and policies and procedures.
1. Evaluates/assesses patients in a systematic and thorough manner; establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals within specified time frames; administers appropriate treatments to patients; knowledge and skill in therapeutic exercises, modalities, rehab equipment, manual techniques, transfers and ADL.
2. Maintains timely and accurate medical records; records legibly in patient charts; completes reports in an organized, thorough and timely manner.
3. Fosters communication with other therapists, physicians, nurses, volunteers, patients and families and other hospital personnel to establish department support; attends and provides quality input to team conferences, departmental meetings, and other hospital meetings.
4. Instruction and supervision in patient care of PT assistants, rehabilitation technicians and student affiliates in a respectful, courteous and consistent manner; assist in performance appraisals of current/new personnel or students.
5. Completes all patient and family education; provides information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
6. Attends department and hospital inservices; attends one seminar/conference annually.
7. Assists with teaching/training of new/current personnel.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
Education and Licensure
Required: Bachelor's degree… Preferred: Master's degree
Required: Physical Therapy major
Required: Licensed by the State of Texas- Physical Therapy; CPR certified
Preferred: Member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA); Member of the Texas Physical Therapy Association (TPTA)
Preferred: one to two years of clinical experience
Required: Basic computer and data entry skills
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.