This Per Diem opportunity will support our Clinical Operations team based at our Franciscan Education and Support Center in Tacoma.
This role is responsible for providing administrative and secretarial services to relieve the organizational leader(s) of day-to-day administrative detail so that he/she can concentrate on the significant aspects of his/her own position. Work involves applying knowledge of the Leader’s work objectives and viewpoints and representing the Leader in actions taken within delegated scope of authority. Assignments vary considerably as to volume of work, specific duties performed and overall scope of responsibility, depending on the delegation style of the Leader.
Incumbents are proficient in nearly all aspects of the work, and may function in a “lead” role with regard to ongoing work or special project- or team-oriented assignments. PC usage is frequent, and an incumbent must possess considerable knowledge and experience in the application/operation of software programs that go beyond menu-driven word processing. Work may involve the development of moderately complex PC spreadsheets, presentation or graphic materials.
This job exists in multiple departments, and while there may be minor differences in job content, they are not significant for classification purposes. Overall, the nature of the work and job requirements are consistent between departments.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinates, documents and tracks pertinent data to meet the information and reporting needs of the work unit; evaluates reporting/recordkeeping requirements and recommends best means of tracking data; gathers data and calculates metrics for the department; reviews variety of statistical information to identify trends, and quantify results; reviews for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Attends executive management meetings where topics important to the successful management and operation of the function/organization are discussed and where significant business decisions are made; takes minutes of proceedings to capture all consequential business and individual task assignments, and prepares written documentation for distribution to meeting attendees and other interested parties.
- Serves as liaison between Leader and other staff members, transmitting assignments and requesting status information; monitors the status of ongoing work, projects, assignments, studies, surveys and other activities of specific concern to the Leader to ensure that adequate progress towards completion is being made, and/or that the end result or work product will meet original specifications and be available within the approved timeline; identifies problematic situations, determines reasons and discusses with Leader; conveys corrective plan of action to interested parties, and follows up periodically to determine ongoing status.
- Acts as a problem identification and resolution resource, answering questions, providing guidance, troubleshooting and following up with customers in resolving problems; may coordinate (or act as liaison) between functions/departments as required to facilitate problem resolution.
- Coordinates with others inside and outside the organization; combines (by balancing activities, timing events and integrating functions) the efforts of separate groups to accomplish a specific objective; determines need and requests forms and other materials from public and/or private entities for documentation or processing purposes.
- Composes correspondence/materials which often require an understanding of technical or healthcare-specific subject matter, company standards and/or procedural guidelines; creates materials, visual aids and handouts for presentations and general communications; takes charge of all routine correspondence and independently determines whether the personal attention of the Leader is required; signs for the Leader when technical or policy content of document has been approved.
- Keeps abreast of general business objectives, policies, standards, services, facilities, procedures and related information in order to maintain a comprehensive awareness of the organization
- Requests, receives and validates data to consolidate and track key performance indices; creates or modifies PC worksheets and other analytical tools/models to display appropriate data for facilitating effective review and analyses by higher level authority; produces reports and other statistical materials for distribution or presentation as appropriate.
- Receives complaints, questions, inquiries, comments and suggestions, by telephone or in writing, that are specifically addressed or referred to the Leader’s office; researches content and refers on to appropriate authority where response is relatively clear-cut in terms of existing procedure, precedent or practice; may also convey specific handling instructions as determined by the Leader; may follow up with customers to ensure that a timely and effective course of action was implemented.
- Performs special project assignments where data collection, integration and analysis is required to develop a meaningful presentation and/or conclusion; ensures that information used is current, accurate and timely, and that all relevant data is included and considered in completing the assignment.
- Provides data analyses and related project management support to Leader for strategic planning, quality improvement initiatives, implementation of business/marketing plans, community relations, promotions, etc.
- May ensure integrity of databases, quality control tools, policies, procedures, protocols, manuals and pertinent records to support department services; may maintain administrative/clinical standards and organization charts.
- May assume administrative responsibility for a specific project, either conducted independently or with the assistance of lower-level employees; identifies resource needs and may develop action plan; may set up plans and procedures for achieving objectives and providing leadership to work teams as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.