CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Responsible for the development and evaluation of training materials for Epic applications, end-user training and oversight of training team. Onboard, develop and mentor Credentialed Trainers and Principal Trainers to ensure strong team dynamic and results oriented focus within department. Engage business owners by defining, planning, implementing and evaluating required training, to ensure a smooth change management and training plan that positively impacts departmental operations. Coordinate the transition from solution definition to training delivery.
1. Provide supervision and direction for IT and user department staff participating in Epic system implementations
2. Plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and evaluate implementation and optimization training for all trainers
3. Serve as the subject matter expert and team lead within training environment to ensure training quality and consistency across all modules.
4. Responsible for coordinating with the application and technical team leads to design and maintain a Training Environment Management Plan.
5. Participate in the preparation of application test scripts, integrated test scripts, and regression test scripts for assigned applications that meet end-users needs.
6. Report project status information to the EMR Program Support Manager, other EMR managers and project requesters on a timely basis. Communicate anticipated deviations from project estimates in a timely manner.
7. Adhere to established program and departmental policies, procedures, and technical standards. Review work of trainers for compliance and consistency with established standards.
8. Provide system analysis and technical design for ongoing training environments, as well as review new application enhancements/upgrades to ensure successful implementation.
9. Direct and supervise assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, work assignments, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
10. Develop and provide recommendations on annual budget for the areas assigned. Oversee activities and expenses to ensure financial goals are met.
11. Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure:
*Epic Certification required
*Epic TED completions
*Five (5) year experience developing training programs in an academic medical center setting using adult learning theory *Two (2) years leadership experience
*Two (2) years experience in training module development with an emphasis on computer/web-based and multimedia design.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Experience with end-to-end Epic implementation, with direct responsibility for the MST build
*Ability to provide leadership in order to deliver EMR clinical and revenue cycle training to a diverse set of end users
*Strong organization skills, excellent communication and interview skills, excellent interpersonal and team building skills
*Highly organized, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
*Ability to successfully prioritize projects, organize team, and direct work deliverables of a training team to meet necessary outcomes and training deadlines for a matrix organization
*Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining training curriculums and associated training materials
*Ability to logically read and comprehend technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
*Knowledgeable in coordinating post go-live training for updates, new hires, and system optimization
*Must be able to troubleshoot basic PC issues
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.