Facilitates internal transfers, and incoming/outgoing transfers; Ensures the transfer laws and the Hospital policies are followed properly on patients requiring emergent medical care and/or bed placement. Must also have extensive knowledge of various HMO's, POS's, PPO's, commercial and governmental payers, and be familiar with the Hospital's contract agreements with third party payer agreements.
1. Responsible for collecting demographic and financial information on incoming transfers and completes registration in the hospital system
2. Adhere to Federal/State statutes that govern medical emergency transfers and enforce the time requirements mandated by the State of these transfers
3. Ensure that non-emergent (private pay and/or out-of-network) patients meet the hospital's admitting criteria
4. Confirm that patients are admitted to the appropriate level of care. Coordinate with Patient Flow Coordinator (PFC) to pre-screen patients prior to transfer
5. Coordinate transfers with other departments to ensure patients' outpatient tests/procedures are scheduled
6. Coordinate with Memorial-Hermann Air Traffic Control all helicopters landing and ensure that the medical staff is on the helipad to meet the helicopter
7. Responsible for verifying the hospital census and ensure that all patients are being charged the appropriate level of care
8. Ensure the quality of patient admissions to the hospital by obtaining accurate demographic and clinical information in a timely and efficient manner on all patients being bedded. This includes direct admits, intra and inter-hospital transfers, surgery patients, etc. observation, inpatient, and outpatient-in-a-bed status
9. Monitor Bed Central system to make appropriate bed assignments and authorize or deny all in-house transfer requests to these patients by following the hospital procedures and infection Control guidelines
10. Check the bed status and patient type and, if necessary, changes the accommodation code or patient type for billing purposes
11. Review reports to ensure that the appropriate room charges are captured as required by federal/State requirements.
Education required: High School Diploma/GED
Experience required: One (1) years of experience
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.