CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Chaplains provide compassionate, supportive quality care to patients, families, caregivers and staff. CHI St. Luke's has the responsibility of treating those seeking care in a way that reverences human dignity. We are called to provide holistic care, an approach not limited to illness or ailment. Thus, we embrace the physical, psychological, social and spiritual dimensions of the human person. Spiritual care Has a full range of pastoral outreaches and responses, such as offering a listening presence, conducting spiritual assessments, and providing support in the face of powerlessness and pain from a new diagnosis, addressing grief and loss, as well as ensuring a ministry of prayer, ritual and sacraments. Chaplains also exhibit an educational component to their roles, including consultation input as a member of an multidisciplinary team. The Chaplain will also work with the Pastoral Visitors and help coordinate their visits and duties within the hospital.
1. Provide spiritual assessment and pastoral care in assigned areas to patients, families and staff
2. Interact with the patient care team on units assigned and wherever called to minister. Communicates necessary patient information to other team members through appropriate use of charting. Respects patient confidentiality
3. Participate in On-call rotation and leadership responsibilities for chapel services, in coordination with other staff members
4. Promote and support departmental guidelines
5. Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Licensure Required:
*Five (5) years of ministry or related work experience
*Two (2) Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Units OR active enrollment in a CHI Texas Division CPE Program
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.