Duties include management of inventory as it relates to picking products, replenishing, and requisitioning within assigned areas of high value goods, such as Surgical Services, Cath Lab, EP and Imaging. Duties are not limited to the supply room, but extend to all areas of the hospital. Responsible for pulling products for cases as assigned. Monitors and assures inventory levels meet demand tracking usage & setting inventory levels for specific group of products, in support of PAR & Perpetual locations.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Restocks supplies daily and rotates inventory supporting accurate inventory levels, generating orders/requisitions as needed.
- Distributes medical supplies and equipment to patient care areas.
- Monitors par levels for specific products to assure that appropriate levels are established in order not to affect patient care.
- Identifies excess inventory, returning stock and processing credits; notifies supervisor of outdates or slow moving inventory.
- Participates in the put away and validation process of perpetual inventory items, and issues and credits materials from the inventory management point-of-use system.
- Labels bins and handles requests to change pars; maintains clean and orderly stock locations.
- Works in collaboration with reprocessing resources, leadership, and buyers to optimize usage of reprocessed products; acts as liaison between clinical staff and supply chain management for assigned high value areas, such as Surgical Services, Cath Lab, EP and Imaging.
- Conducts annual inventory count to determine asset value and additional inventories as requested.
- Manages consigned inventory and processes bill-only’s as appropriate