RNs with CHI Saint Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, have a variety ofskills from clinical to project management. Their ability to multitask and consistently deliver high quality care makes them some of the most well-rounded nurses caring for our patients. Keen assessment skills, critical thinking, and a sense of urgency attribute to their success.
As a Nurse , you will advance your career by providing care to patients funneled in from other units in the medical center which will quickly acquaint you with a variety of injuries, treatment options, and disease states. This provides you with the education and experience to advance your nursing career in specialized service lines such as cardiac, telemetry, orthopedics, neurology, critical care, surgical services, and emergency.
You appreciate that you will rarely have the same day twice and you thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment. Your documentation and communication is thorough, adding value to the whole nursing team. You position your teammates to do his, her, or their best work- benefiting your shared patients by
ensuring a smooth transition at shift change when you give report.
You have a talent for planning and coordinating which patients and their loved ones appreciate. You have the ability to think critically, creatively, and unconventionally when necessary. Project management is a natural talent as you will coordinate care between multiple patients while keeping your entire
healthcare team on track with shared goals.
CHI Saint Joseph Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Whether you are an experienced RN ‘who’s seen it all’ or a nurse working toward that, we invite you to join CHI Saint Joseph Health today and experience nursing with us!
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees, 8 hospitals, specialty clinics, and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations across Central and Eastern KY.
Learn more about CHI Saint Joseph Health’s Awards and Recognitions here:
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
10. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
11. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
12. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Licensure and Certification
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
CHI Saint Joseph Health is seeking dedicated employees to join our teams! Help us make a difference in peoples’ lives.
To learn more about this role and our CALL TO SERVE, please contact Casey at JonathanJones@sjhlex.org.
related skills: emergency nursing, emergency department, emergency services, emergency response, ed rn, er rn, registered nurse, rn trauma, injury, chest pain, accident, back pain, abdominal pain, upper respiratory infection, influenza, nausea, fever, gastric pain, wounds, orthopedic breaks, muscle strains, medication management, pain management, assessment, prioritization, rapid response, cardiac arrest, myocardial infarction (mi), congestive heart failure (chf), triage, urgent, immediate hiring, kentuckyrn
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.