CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
• Maintains clean and aseptic conditions by vacuuming, scouring, dust mopping, high dusting, removing trash, washing walls & ceilings.
• Inspects and performs maintenance and minor repairs on systems and equipment. Refers major issues to the appropriate resource.
• Uses detergents, germicides or other supplies as recommended and follows recommended handling/mixing procedures.
• Maintains and upkeeps all cleaning equipment, supplies and products. Ensures safety protocol is followed when using handling/mixing procedures of cleaning products.
• Assists with the upkeep of the College grounds which may include shoveling, picking up litter and sweeping.
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing schedules or routines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• General knowledge of cleaning products, supplies and equipment.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak English preferred.
It is Mercy College of Health Sciences’ policy to conduct all academic programs and business activities in a manner that is free from unlawful discrimination and to provide equal opportunity for and equal treatment of students and employees regardless of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion/creed, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability or status as a U. S. veteran or any other factor protected by law. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Vice President, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs or the Human Resources’ Business Partner at 515.643.3180, 928 6th Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50309, email@example.com.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.