CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
$5,000 Crisis Sign-on Bonus for RNs
*The Crisis Sign-on Bonus for Nurses is for nurses hired into positions providing direct, bedside care and who start employment between February 22 – June 26, 2021.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
Additional benefits we offer to support our caregivers (in effect until June 30, 2021):
• PTO/Vacation maximum accrual waived for employees who are providing direct patient care and may not be able to take time off because of the COVID-19 crisis.
• Coverage of health care benefit premiums for eligible employees whose income drops below 90% of their pay (based on their FTE) and PTO/Vacation bank drops below 60 hours.
• Paid administrative leave support for employees who experience a work-related exposure to COVID-19.
• Access to EIB/Sick bank(s) and/or employer-paid short-term disability benefits due to non-work-related COVID-19 exposure.
• Rapid assistance with unemployment compensation administrative support where needed.
The Baylor St. Luke’s Critical Care Fellowship Program is designed to prepare experienced acute care nurses with career progression into critical care nursing roles. The program will bridge current professional nursing experience to mastered competencies necessary to care for the most critical of patients in a quaternary care setting. Program highlights will include:
Ø 12 weeks of high tech simulation as a learning strategy paired with computer based and classroom learning
Ø Advanced unit based training with high performing preceptors
Ø Focused development of critical care nursing skills
Ø Nurse Leaders and Unit Educators as Mentors
Ø Professional development and financial support for Critical Care RN certification
Ø Professional growth opportunities with annual bonus potential through our Professional Enhancement Program
Ø Continued career advancement through our Differentiated Practice Model
**Start date will be March 22nd, 2021 and April 19th, 2021. Interviews will take place on February 24th and March 24th.
**Fellows will be rewarded with a variety of clinical challenges in units that may include: Cardiovascular ICU, Cardiac Care Unit, Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, Medical/Surgical ICU, Neuro ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU, Thoracic Surgery ICU and CVRR.
Ø BSN graduate of an accredited nursing program
Ø ACLS required within 3 months of hire
Ø Upon application, 24 months of acute care nursing experience
Ø Licensed to practice nursing in Texas
*Although candidates with ICU experience will be excluded from consideration for this Fellowship program, we encourage you to apply for one of our open ICU nursing positions.
Skills: ICU / Critical Care / Intensive Care Unit / High Acuity / Invasive Surgical Care / Trauma / Organ Failure / Planning / Monitoring / Central Line / Medication Management / Collaboration / Physician Relations / Compassion / Patient Education / Caregiver Education / Problem Solving / Fast Pace Environment / Assessment / Neuro / Vent Facilitation / Direct Patient Care, RN, nurse, MICU, medical ICU, SICU, surgical ICU, CICU, CVICU, cardio ICU, trauma ICU, TICU, neuro ICU, NICU, med surg, medical surgial, telemetry, tele #missioncritical
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.