Provides perioperative patient care, specifically in the intraoperative phase, in both the scrub and circulating roles according to established guidelines. Serves the population from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. This position requires call, weekends, nights and Holidays as scheduled.
- Scrubs and circulates on cases independently, with minimal direction.
- Prepares for surgical cases in an efficient manner, anticipating needs of patient, surgeon, anesthesia and other O.R. team members.
- Provides a safe environment for patient and staff by implementing standards of aseptic technique and by controlling the physical and psychological aspects of that environment.
- Collects and analyzes data and assesses patient in developing nursing diagnosis.
- Communicates effectively with the patient, staff, physicians, and families.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up and function.
- Initiates and directs room clean up and turnover.
- Participates in orientation and training of new personnel.
- Assists in maintenance of physician's preference cards and other O.R. resource material.
- Utilizes computer in surgical documentation, disposition of specimens and obtaining pertinent information.
- Participates in departmental Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
- Attends department meetings and inservices.