Job Summary / Purpose
This position is responsible for providing process improvement, project management, and change management for performance improvement activities that support clinical effectiveness, evidence based performance improvement, and clinical and process outcomes management and measurement.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Serves as a project facilitator/manager and technical resource for teams working on major performance improvement efforts. Ensures that all new processes comply with established policies, procedures, and regulations. Collaborates with Quality Management and Patient Safety, Risk Management, and other functions to identify clinical quality and patient safety opportunities for process improvement efforts.
- Assists in the establishment of operational performance metrics and the monitoring of key performance indicators to evaluate efficiency, effectiveness, cost, etc. Institutes policies and procedures that ensure that process changes are sustained.
- Applies appropriate change management methods to promote implementation of change. Facilitates organizational change by helping to prepare personnel to accept and actively participate in new changes, through communication, coaching, and educational workshops.
- Identifies and works to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of process improvements. Identifies project risks in a timely manner, and escalates risks as needed to project sponsors to that projects remain timely.
- Provides project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on selected projects through a project tracking system and management/project reviews. Documents the results and value of projects, and submit other documentation as may be required.
- Works with Performance Excellence staff and others to maximize potential improvement efforts and understanding of opportunities, as well as to identify, share, and leverage best practices with organizational stakeholders across the Division.
- In partnership with Performance Excellence staff across the Division, implements communication and education/training plans to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge of process improvement and systems thinking strategies, tools, and best practices. Provides expertise in successfully applying process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA/PDCA, etc.
- Actively pursues the identification of opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Maintains up-to-date Process Improvement knowledge and skills as related to healthcare.
Other duties as assigned by management.