- Administering therapy modalities which include, but are not limited to, Hand held Nebulizer (HHN), HHN via metered dose inhaler (HHN/MDI), Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation (IPV), Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), Pentamidine therapy. Medication administration may be included during these therapy modalities
- Administering medical gas therapy including oxygen and Helium-Oxygen Therapy (HeO2.
- Performing ventilation therapies, including maintenance and management of life support systems. These therapies are comprised of non-invasive and invasive ventilation therapies, as well as transport of ventilator patients to diagnostic procedures
- Performs physiological monitoring and diagnostic testing including, ABG puncture, bronchoscopy assistance, pulmonary function testing, bedside PFT's, metabolic monitoring, apnea monitoring, transcutaneous monitoring, capnography, and pulse oximetry and sleep apnea assessment.
- Performs specialized procedures which including but are not limited to, CPR, bronchial lavage, transport, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, artificial and tracheostomy airway care, and body mechanics/ambulation. Permanent or temporary assignment may be made to the Pulmonary Function Lab to perform diagnostic procedures to identify and quantify dysfunction by spirometry, gas diffusion, and body plethysmography
- Documenting all patient care Accurately and completely in the required departmental documentation system
- Serve as resource to certified respiratory therapists, preceptor for new employees, and respiratory care students
- May serve as charge therapist in running the shift in absence of the supervisor