CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Operates radiation therapy equipment in order to simulate and/or treat patients for malignancies. Completes required documentation in medical records, completes charge procedures and Performs quality assurance checks to verify accuracy of all procedures performed.
1. Performs patient’s simulations under direction of physician, which includes patient alignment, portal marking and chart documentation
2. Supply data for and assist in fabrication and/or designs patient immobilization and treatment devices, such as vaculocks, bolus and aquaplast masks
3. Assists in dosimetry procedures, including obtaining patient parameters.
4. Educates patients regarding simulation, treatment procedures and possible reactions (as directed by physician/nurse)
5. Observes patient for treatment reactions and reports reactions to physician/nurse
6. Assists in emergency procedures as necessary
7. Delivers a prescribed planned course of radiation therapy, which includes review of prescription, diagnosis, medical record and patient identification. In addition, Prepares room and equipment for patient treatments including set-up of immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, shielding devices, etc.
8. Monitors patient and equipment during treatment and/or simulation reporting any unusual circumstances, such as patient movement, equipment malfunction, etc.
9. Completes daily quality checks on treatment and simulator equipment. Maintains accurate documentation of quality checks. Documents and reports all variances and Initiates proper follow-up
10. Coordinates patient simulator/treatment schedules
11. Records accurate daily patient billing
12. Participates in the clinical education of radiation therapy students
13. Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
Education and Licensure Required:
*Associate’s Degree (current JD does not specify education)
*Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiation Therapy (this is not required in current)
*Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) (Not in current jD)
*Licensed by Texas Medical Board as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Knowledge of simulation and radiation therapy equipment
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.