The Patient Care Tech is a multi-skilled, non-licensed health care provider who provides direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient.
Responsibilities of the Patient Care Tech include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate the following equipment: Computer, automated vital sign machines with recognitions of abnormal vital signs and timely reporting, O2 saturation, glucose meter, intercom, telephone, patient care equipment required for daily care, scales and lifts
- Basic EKG form monitoring and operation of machine and the recognition of life-threatening dysrhythmias/subsequent care, if required by area/ location
- Perform nursing care and duties delegated by Registered nurses
- Venipuncture, discontinuing INT’s
- Perform 12 lead EKG, based on area/ location
- Good telephone and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- May enter the secured supply rooms to deliver or access supplies, equipment necessary to carry out the core functions of their job (oxygen, thermometers, etc.)