As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for assessing and providing support and intervention for the social and emotional needs of patients and their families to promote continuity of care and services. Work involves professional activities such as psycho-social assessment, mental health screening and referral, crisis intervention, environmental assistance, patient advocacy, after-care planning and others of similar scope and complexity, depending on the assigned work unit.
1) If assigned to Behavioral Health or Emergency Services, duties also include mental health assessment and evaluation.
2) Employees assigned to the Emergency Department must meet special requirements as outlined in the Minimum Job Qualifications section.
Essential Job Duties:
Master’s Degree in a behavioral health field (e.g. sociology, psychology, counseling, etc.) required; MSW is preferred. MSW required for the following departments:
Two years recent related work experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Depending on the assigned work unit/service line, work experience in a specialized field may be required (i.e. Nephrology).
NOTE: If assigned to the Emergency Department, an applicant must meet the minimum requirements of WAC 388-865-0238 (Definition of a Mental Health Professional) in order to meet the requirements of RCW 71.05 as relates to the provision of Mental Health Evaluations in the Emergency Department.
• Current Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or
• Current Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or
• Current Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), or
• Current Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or
• Current licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers (LSWAIC), or
• Current Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHCA), or
• Current Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFTA), or
• Eligible for Agency Affiliated Counselor; and the state must receive the application within seven (7) days of employment; and the credential must be obtained within 60 days of hire. Licensure must be obtained within 42 months.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.