CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in medication preparation, compounding, inventory management, and distribution, requiring extreme accuracy and attention to detail. The Certified Pharmacy Technician has responsibility for assisting with controlled substances management, meeting DEA, FDA, and state regulations, and has access to and manages medication storage areas using pharmacy automation. The Certified Pharmacy Technician applies pharmacy knowledge and experience to identify variances and outliers in clinical practice to prevent medication errors. The Certified Pharmacy Technician fields and triages calls and questions regarding medication distribution, assisting other caregivers within their scope of practice.
1. Uses pharmacy automation to optimize safety and efficiency in drug distribution
2. Performs IV Admixture according to USP and Board of Pharmacy requirements (if applicable by job assignment)
3. Compounds non-sterile products accurately aseptically
4. Repackages medication into unit dose following USP regulations
5. Performs specialized narcotic distribution, maintains accurate perpetual inventories and identifies discrepancies
6. Manages pharmaceutical and supply Inventory; completes cycle counts and monitors medication inventory levels and expiration dates; processes recalls
7. Performs nursing unit/clinical area medication storage area inspections
8. Retrieves and dispenses medication using barcode technology
9. Performs pharmaceutical calculations accurately and independently
10. Processing patient medication orders
11. Assists customers (patients, families, and other caregivers) within scope of practice
12. Other duties as assigned by management
Graduate of ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program and Associate Degree or Equivalent Experience
TN Board of Pharmacy Technician License. Licensure must be received within 90 days from the first day of employment.
Biennial Completion of 20 hours of ACPE-certified, pharmacy technician specific training Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent knowledge of drug names desired with the expectation of continuing education on new drugs. Must be available to work rotating shifts and weekends.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.