Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
- Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN.
- Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
- Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
- Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives and activities. Participates in growth opportunities.
- Actively participates in ongoing education and orientation to the role of an RN, remaining within scope at all times.