CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Assess, plan and implement specific treatment programs for individual patients and patient groups according to the principles and practices of physical therapy. Provides patient care/service based on identified needs/developmental level for all patient populations. Care/services includes recognition, monitoring and intervention as appropriate for age-specific and/or other individual patient needs.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Evaluates assigned patients within the guidelines established by the physician and in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. Implements competent treatment and performs regular reassessments for the purpose of treatment modification, to maximize patient’s potential for functional independence, all in accordance of departmental standards.
4. Completes all required documentation and maintains pertinent records of all assigned patients, in order to be in compliance with Joint Commission, CARF, Medicare, and all other regulatory requirements.
5. Demonstrates the ability to be efficient and productive by organizing job duties and responsibilities.
6. Maintains effective communication regarding Therapy programs and departmental issues.
7. Maintains equipment and environment in a safe and orderly manner.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and competency.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.