CHI Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Clinical expert and consultant within an inpatient or outpatient setting. Support the healthcare system (including physicians and facility leaders) with the management of specified populations though independent and collaborative clinical management
1. Synthesizes and critically analyzes data to identify needs, formulate diagnosis, and establish a treatment plan for a patient, family, and/or population
2. Implements individualized, evidence based interventions based on assessment, treatment plan, and identified prioritizes to maximize health potential and/or expected goals of a patient, family, and/or population
3. Evaluates progress toward expected goals of a patient, family, and/or population in a systematic and ongoing manner with modification to the plan as appropriate
4. Serves as a clinical expert to the interdisciplinary team
5. Incorporates and disseminates research findings and evidence based practice into treatment plans, protocols, and guidelines
Education and Licensure Required:
Master’s Degree - Nursing; Registered Nurse (RN)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist)
Certified to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners
Limited prescriptive authority by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners if implementing medical aspects of care
Five (5) years of experience with the specialized clinical population
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.