Under the direction of a physician and with little supervision, performs procedures, using diagnostic imaging equipment designed for radiographic imaging. Provides health care services as needed, using radiographic, computed axial tomography, magnetic resonance, interventional radiology, mammography, ultrasound and or nuclear medicine and PET to assist in diagnosis and treatment. Performs procedures, computer processing and related techniques, producing images for interpretation by, or at the request of, a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of service and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides patient care and recognizes essential critical thinking skills needed for successful completion of procedure. Participates in on-call duty as needed.
Uses and discloses patient protected health information: 1) Only as it applies to job function, 2) in amounts minimally necessary for intended purposes, and 3) in a confidential manner.
**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus and 10,000 Loan Forgiveness Available for external candidates
1. Proper assessment of the patient and their abilities to participate in ordered procedure. Provides a clear explanation of the procedure including; duration, process, and what to expect following completion. Verifies informed consent for and assists physician with interventional procedures; needle localization, aspiration, biopsies, and other invasive procedures. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary and observes universal precautions. Provides patient education as appropriate.
2. Selection of the proper equipment, setting correct technical factors, procedure protocols and gathers proper supplies prior to performance of the procedure. Recognizes all radiation safety standards including “Image Gently” and “Image Wisely” and MR safety standards. Understands and follows all rules around radiation protection including wearing of lead protection when utilizing fluoroscopy or when there is a possibility of exposure i.e. CT room, performing portable exams etc.
3. Obtains clear and complete history from the patient and or patient record and records that data into patient record to assist in image interpretation and future patient encounters
4. Is able to perform quality assessment of images obtained and is able to evaluate equipment issues and reports assessment to supervisor, manager or director.
5. Ensures all equipment is in working order at the beginning of the day and prior to starting of a procedure. Performs any performance and quality tests on equipment as required including ACR quality requirements. Checks all supplies for outdates prior to use and reports any shortages, variations or failures of equipment to supervisor, manager or director for follow-up. Uses CHI incident reporting system to report any patient injuries or concerns, equipment or supply failures or malfunctions, medication reaction or errors, and visitor or personal injury or exposure.
6. Responsible to participate in and have a good understanding of all department, campus and system quality improvement projects, the ACR accreditation process, Radiation Safety, ALARA, MQSA, and State Regulations as they apply to staffs license or certifications. Be familiar with the requirements of CMS and Joint Commission and be able to speak to all department processes around quality and environment of care.
-Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program
Licenses & Certifications:
-BLS through American Heart Association required upon hire.
-ARRT Board Certified in Radiology
-Must hold a valid Medical Radiography or General Radiology Technologist Permit to Practice license in Nebraska or Iowa depending on work state.
-ARRT Board Certified in CT within 1 year of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
-Understands methods and is capable of performing venipuncture’s as required for position
-Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
-Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
-Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
-Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
-Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.