CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Incorporates knowledge of the nursing process and standards of nursing in daily practice. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments/interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient. Takes call as assigned to provide twenty-four hour, seven days a week coverage for the GI Lab.
1. Skilled performance in extreme life threatening emergencies.
2. Prioritizing, coordinating, and meeting multiple patient needs and requests in a timely manner.
3. Anticipating and preventing periods of extreme workload within a shift as evidenced by good time management and organizational skills.
4. Detection and documentation of significant changes in a patient’s condition.
5. Assist patients to understand their illness and the effects of lifestyle including diet, activity, smoking and weight loss.
6. Assess and evaluates a patient’s readiness to learn, and consider factors affecting a patient’s learning ability and knowledge level.
7. Providing compassion and support for human dignity during times of pain and crisis.
8. Interpreting verbal and nonverbal cues of pain and selecting appropriate strategies for pain management and control.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Required Licensure and Certifications: RN License in the state of Tennessee, BLS, & ACLS
Required Experience: 1 year of acute care RN experience
PREFERRED Qualifications: National Certification preferred
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.