CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Associate Chaplain nurtures the healing ministry of the Church and contributes to the creation of healthier communities by delivering pastoral and spiritual care. Works closely with nursing, care management, physicians, palliative care, and other ancillary healthcare professionals. Partners with area clergy and ministers to facilitate the healing process.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides pastoral/spiritual care to patients, loved ones, and staff.
2. Completes spiritual assessments and communicates with other care team members. Provides clinical documentation as required.
3. Responds to and initiates routine and emergency referrals in a timely manner.
4. Coordinates with the local religious community to ensure the patient’s/loved ones spiritual and/or sacramental needs are being met.
5. Coordinates spiritual/pastoral ministry and bereavement care for those approaching end of life and at death.
6. Provides blessing/ritual/prayer for pastoral support upon request.
7. Educates and assists patients with respect to Advance Directives as needed.
Accepting and understanding of diverse religious beliefs and practices.
Ability to deal with crisis situations and periodic exposure to secondary traumatic stress.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.