Responsible for performing specific clinical physical therapy procedures and related tasks under the direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Assists PTs in providing services that help improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries from accidents or from diseases with resultant functional limitations.
- Assist PTs to fulfill patient treatment plan and procedures such as exercises, and with other modalities.
- Accurately records prescriptions provided to patients, patient responses to treatments, and outcomes of each treatment, all reported both electronically and face to face with the physical therapist.
- Keep treatment area clean and organized in preparation for each patient’s therapy.
- Perform some clerical tasks such as ordering supplies, answering the phone, and completing paperwork.
- Provides scheduling when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.