CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Performs a variety of nursing functions ranging from giving direct nursing care, administering medication and treatments to documenting all information. May be assigned specific functions within the scope of practice, but should be able to perform all activities as assigned under direction of all RN’s, or physicians.
1. Collection of selected data about the health status of the patient.
2. Participate in the development of the plan of care with other team members and safely implements that plan.
3. Communicate in an attentive and individualized manner in every encounter.
4. Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose of visit.
5. Provide instruction/teaching to the patient according to the educational plan.
6. Document care provided or procedures performed accurately on patient records.
7. Provide each patient care in a safe, comfortable and private environment.
8. Medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
9. Provides direction to medical assistants.
10. Will perform general office skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing, answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
11. Excellent customer service skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, and caregivers.
12. The position may include triage of calls for urgent appointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, insurance pre-certification and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.