1. Administering therapy modalities which include, but are not limited to, Hand held Nebulizer (HHN), HHN via metered dose inhaler (HHN/MDI), Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation (IPV), Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), Pentamidine therapy. Medication administration may be included during these therapy modalities
2. Administering medical gas therapy including oxygen and Helium-Oxygen Therapy (HeO2.
3. Performing ventilation therapies, including maintenance and management of life support systems. These therapies are comprised of non-invasive and invasive ventilation therapies, as well as transport of ventilator patients to diagnostic procedures
4. Performs physiological monitoring and diagnostic testing including, ABG puncture, bronchoscopy assistance, pulmonary function testing, bedside PFT's, metabolic monitoring, apnea monitoring, transcutaneous monitoring, capnography, and pulse oximetry and sleep apnea assessment.
5. Performs specialized procedures which including but are not limited to, CPR, bronchial lavage, transport, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, artificial and tracheostomy airway care, and body mechanics/ambulation. Permanent or temporary assignment may be made to the Pulmonary Function Lab to perform diagnostic procedures to identify and quantify dysfunction by spirometry, gas diffusion, and body plethysmography
6. Documenting all patient care Accurately and completely in the required departmental documentation system
7. Serve as resource to certified respiratory therapists, preceptor for new employees, and respiratory care students
8. May serve as charge therapist in running the shift in absence of the supervisor