CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Organizes and promotes efficient workflow within the unit.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Acts as a communication liaison by greeting all internal and external customers to proactively meet service
requests and to promote positive customer relations.
2. Provides patient care under the supervision of licensed staff, Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager, Unit Manager or
Director of Nursing in performing electrocardiograph exams, watching monitors for unit patients, informing the
RN of significant rhythms and admitting/discharging patients from the monitoring system.
3. Maintains designated hospital competencies validated by the Competency Based Orientation (CBO) plan.
4. Demonstrates a strong belief and behaviors consistent with the Saint Joseph Healthcare Mission and Core
Values (Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence).
5. Complies with safety and emergency procedures.
6. Complies with organizational policies.
7. Documents activities consistent with organizational guidelines.
8. Performs critical/frequent procedures or services.
9. Provides care/services based on identified needs.
10. Uses required equipment for providing care/services.
11. Consults with organizational resources.
12. Demonstrates professional responsibility as per job classification.
13. Demonstrates Core Values Guest Relations/Guest Service Standards.
14. Demonstrates Core Values Based on Behavioral Standards.
15. Other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma
Required Licensure and Certification
Certification from an approved nursing course, previous experience as a nurse assistant, or one completed semester of heath-care related clinical experience. BLS
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the
individual be able to take direction from management, understand
how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients
and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety
guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital
policies. Must be able to successfully identify cardiac rhythms within
the initial orientation period.
Previous successful experience with cardiac monitoring. One year of
secretarial experience and previous exposure to medical terminology.
Be proficient in keyboarding and possess good Windows platform
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.