Under direction, provides professional nursing care for adult office patients following Iowa Heart Center (IHC) established standards and practices, consistent with the Iowa Heart Center mission values.
- Triages phone calls, gives verbal and written orders according to standing orders or established protocols.
- Provides assistance to EP doctor in office, and facilitates office schedule.
- Performs interrogation and reprogramming on all models of pacemakers and ICD’s, and documents according to IHC protocols.
- Performs general and cardiac nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatment in accordance with nursing standards.
- Reviews remote transmissions and completes documentation according to IHC protocol.
- Reads and researches patient records, charts and Practice Manager System for other pertinent information. May dictate history and physical, consults and other professional related letters.
- Reviews and reports pertinent test(s) and outside examination results, scrutinize for needed follow-up; communicates to Physician.
- Maintains practice standards in regard to Quality Improvement and OSHA.
- Provides patient and family education and documents in medical records.
- Acts as a problem solver as it relates to patient, family, physician issues according to protocol.
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.