• Oversee the evolving development of compelling messages, informed by data and storytelling, that convey verbally and visually how the organization is delivering on its unique promise, purpose and business strategy.
• Develop and manage a proactive, integrated media relations plan to build national visibility for and awareness of CommonSpirit as a leading U.S. healthcare system. This will include proactive relationship-building with key reporters, bloggers and editorial writers; and development of an in-house “newsroom” with the capacity to identify, package and strategically distribute storytelling content that advances understanding of and appreciation for CommonSpirit’s promise and purpose.
• Assume lead responsibility for the readiness of those executives doing media, including media training and messaging practice as appropriate.
• Lead an executive visibility program that will ensure that CommonSpirit’s office of the CEO and other leaders, as appropriate, are recognized and sought after by the media and as speakers and thought leaders.
• Work closely with marketing to integrate digital, mobile and social media platforms; leverage a digital strategy to amplify content.
• Co-manage the annual operating budget for external agencies, consultants and other contract resources who work on media relations and other external communications activities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership, internal stakeholders and employees across all levels, including the office system functions: Operations, Patient Care, Physician Enterprise, Mission Integration, Strategy and Business Development, Marketing, and Brand Advertising.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis, fostering open dialogue, positive morale and a feeling of belonging among team members.
• Develop and consistently implement a framework for measuring the quality and value of media relations and executive visibility activities, and make this visible to the organization.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $92.88 to $130.04, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field, business or health administration; master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in corporate communications and public relations with significant experience in a healthcare organization (or in an agency role focused on healthcare clients).
• Minimum of seven (7) years leadership experience
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.