The Arrhythmia Technician is responsible for coordinating the patient flow to obtain requested tracings and vital signs for imaging and non-imaging studies. Required to perform assigned cardiology diagnostic tests, including but not limited to ECGs, treadmills, Holters, and event monitors.
- Conduct treadmill tests, including patient preparation, test performance, and patient recovery.
- Ensure correct lead placement and operates stress testing equipment, including entry of applicable patient data.
- Prepare reports of test results for interpretation by the physician.
- Perform Holter scans, signal average electrocardiograms (ECGs), may scan Holter acquisitions and review data to identify abnormalities.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Escalate non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
- Communicate with physicians, managers, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical conditions while undergoing or after echocardiogram/stress testing.
- Prepare testing rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.