CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Registered Nurse in the Cath Lab is responsible for all aspects of care related to adult inpatients and outpatients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Applies knowledge of growth and development to perform detailed assignments and interventions. Provides consistent care based on the changing physical and psychosocial needs, unique to the patient. This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of professional work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Sterile technique
* Administration and knowledge of medications given to the patient under the supervision of the physician
* Operate physiologic monitoring equipment
* Operate all equipment related to coronary procedures (IABP, Impella, IVUS, FFR, rotational atherectomy,
temporary pacemaker generator, ISTAT, MedRad injector, Angiojet and manual thrombectomy)
* Management of blood samples and calculations
* Use of general patient care equipment and communication equipment
* Successfully complete all annual competencies
* Use of unit-specific equipment (computers, copiers, etc.)
* Daily QA and trouble-shooting skills for radiographic equipment
* Knowledge, advocate, and employ techniques for radiation safety
* Knowledge of CPAC data storage system
* Good telephone and communication skills
* Ability to adapt to changes in health care technology
* Other duties assigned by management
Required Education: Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
Required Licensure and Certifications: RN licensure for State of Tennessee, BLS, ACLS (within 3 months of hire)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 12 months of ICU or Emergency Room experience
PREFERRED Qualifications: CVRN, BSN, RCIS
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.